Search This Blog

Monday 19 November 2012

Divine Mocha Ice Cream

        (picture is not my ice cream)

Yesterday I made a cheats version of mocha ice-cream. It turned out great! There are a few things I would change but I will put those into some notes after. 

I love trawling cooking /food blogs and sites, I get so many ideas to try out. As a previous post states, I like to experiment with recipes and this was one I played with. Here is the recipe!

Ingredients:

500g custard (fresh or packet)
1 cup milk
1 cup iced coffee (or a shot of expresso)
500g whipping cream
1 small block of dark chocolate (I used black and greens)
2 tbsp sugar

Method:
  1. Prepare your custard and put mixture into saucepan. Gently heat it and then add milk and iced coffee, combine well.
  2. Break the chocolate into pieces and add to custard and stir till chocolate has melted through then add the sugar.
  3. Put into the fridge or freezer ( I use the freezer to make it cool faster) till the custard is cold. 
  4. Whip the cream till light and fluffy then fold into the custard and mix well. You will have a moouse like substance. Place this into the ice cream maker and let the machine do its thing.
After the ice cream machine is done, put ice cream into the freezer for a few hours to set and then enjoy :D

NOTES: *I have put a whole block of chocolate as I only used half and it wasn't chocolate enough. 
                * If you are a coffee lover then use the expresso shot as well as iced coffee.

This is so easy to make and didn't take long. I hope enjoy it and tell me what you think of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...