Search This Blog

Sunday 16 September 2012

Recipe - Corn and Yellow Split-Pea Soup

I was looking for something really yummy to make awhile back and while I was flipping through a Masterchef magazine I found the basic soup recipe. I thought, beauty I will try that and went and bought some yellow split-peas. Then promply forgot about it. The other day while going through my pantry I found the afore mentioned peas and remembered I was going to make the soup - only to forget where I saw the recipe.

All was not lost though. I was planning dinner for the next week and was flipping through the magazine I found stuffed in between the cookbooks and  found the recipe!!



Here is my variation of Corn and Yellow Split Pea Soup:

1 Onion
Tspn Olive Oil
A pinch of Garlic 
1 Tablespoon Moroccan Spice
1 Cup of Yellow Split-Peas
1 Can of Creamed Corn
40g Butter
1.25L Stock
Half Cup Mozorella

Method:

Roughly chop the onion and place into pot with the olive oil,  garlic and moroccan seasoning and cook until onion is softend. Rinse the peas and place into the pot with corn and combine well. Add the stock and boil. Then cover with the lid and turn heat down to simmer. Let the peas cook until they are soft then transfer to the blender. Add butter and cheese and blend till smooth. If it is too thick, thin out with some water. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!


Written by Tarran J

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...