Search This Blog

Sunday 9 September 2012

Book Reviews - Daughter of the Sword - Steve Bein & Echoes at Dawn - Maya Banks

Daughter of the Sword (Fated Blades, #1)Daughter of the Sword by Steve Bein
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book combined artistry and grace with the writing and characters. The storyline was well thought out and the characters were easy to get along with. I liked how the author gave the backdrop of the Tokyo crime scene without bombarding me with too much infomation. The historical chapters of the three swords were very interesting and I thorughly enjoed this book, I hope the author writes another one. Mariko Oshiro is the only female dectectve in Tokyo Police Department, she has to fight or any ounce of respect. When she gets given the seemingly unimportant attempted sword theft case instead of the drug case she wanted, Mariko's life changes forever. Curses, Swords, History, Samurai, Yukuza, Murder and much more, this is a novel that will make you keep reading till the end.

DUE OCTOBER 2012 (In Australia)

View all my reviews

  Echoes at Dawn (KGI, #5)Echoes at Dawn by Maya Banks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Once again we return to the KGI world in this book, only it's not about one of the Kelly brothers. The main characters are mercenary Rio and Grace (Shea's sister). Rio volunteered to go brig Grace in after the events of the last book and he finds her just in time to nearly witness her die. Grace has just escaped from captivity and is adamant she won't go back. We learn much more about the storyline and the sex scenes are steamy. I liked Rio's character but I felt the end was a bit too tidy for me. All in all though I really love this series and highly recommend it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...