Search This Blog

Sunday 30 September 2012

Gardening in Adelaide

I want to start my vegetable garden up again. The only thing is, I have a black thumb.... My biggest problem though is that the lawnmower man keeps mowing over the vegies, so I am going to make a raised garden bed. That should hopefully fix the problem! How many of you have a raised garden bed? Does it make it easier for you to tend to the produce?

If you live in SA (South Australia) then these are the vegetable and fruits to plant now.


Vegetables: Beans, Beetroot, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrot,Celery, Cucumber, Eggplant, Endive, Garlic, Leeks, Lettuce, Marrow, Melon, Parsnip, Potato, Pumpkin, Radish, Sweet Corn, Tomato, Zucchini.

Fruit: Citrus fruit, quinces, pomegranates.

Since October is so very close I will put up what else to plant. :D

Vegies: Beans, Capsicum, Peas,
Good luck with your gardens fellow growers :D If you have any tips for a self confessed black thumb I would be grateful to hear them!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...