Search This Blog

Saturday 24 November 2012

Recipe of awesomeness - Bacon, Tomato and Cheese Gnocchi

I have never been a fan of gnocchi! I am getting that out in the open straight away. I've never liked the texture, flavour or anything to do with the food. 


All these years of hating gnocchi = I have been missing out on an awesome food!! 

Yesterday one of my friends posted a recipe from Taste.com.au (if you click on recipe it will take you to orginial recipe) I was at first, eww gnocchi then I had a look at the recipe and thought hmmm maybe. The picture made the dish look really nice so I thought I would try it out.

I have made some changes to the recipe to suit our tastes.
  • 1 large brown onion, coarsely chopped
  • A few shakes of garlic flakes
  • 100g of diced bacon pieces
  • A capful of sweet sherry
  • A capful white wine vinegar
  • 400g can diced tomatoes
  • 100g paris creek Norwegino cheese, grated
  • 500g pkt shelf-fresh gnocchi
  • 100g cheedar, grated
  • 100gm minced meat 
    1. Heat butter/oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic, stirring. Add bacon and mince, stirring until bacon is light golden.
    2. Add the sherry and white whine vinegar. Cook for a few minutes so the meats can soak up the liquids then stir in the tomato. Season with salt and pepper.
    3. Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook the gnocchi in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions. Drain. Add to tomato mixture. Stir to combine.
    4. Place into an ovenproof dish and top with the cheeses. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is golden.

    The smell was divine as the dish cooked and it was soo good that I forgot to take a photo of it. I highly recommend this dish, even if you don't like gnocchi - it will convert you.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Carole, thanks for that. I have linked up this recipe on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking in to Food on Friday: Tomatoes. We are now getting a great collection of all things tomatoey.
    I am now signed up to follow you. A follow back to Carole's Chatter would be wonderful – or are you already following? Cheers

    Ps If you would like email reminders of future Food on Fridays, just pop by and comment and include your email - I won't publish it - and the reminder will be by bcc so it will remain private

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again! Already following your blog. You have some very interesting stuff written on there. Looking forward to future readings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you very much for following Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...