Search This Blog

Monday 22 October 2012

Manuscripts, gardens and washing lines

My life has been busy lately. Harper Voyager put out a 2 week open window for unsolicited manuscripts. I had been half way through editing my fantasty MS but couldn't get much done on it when Little A was born. I worked so hard, staying up late in the night and editing while breastfeeding but I got it finished and submitted!! Fingers crossed, I know I have a great story I just hope they think so too. Very excited about this.

I have started my garden. I re planted my previously though dead tomatoes and my capsicum. The tomatoes and coming back and are looking great. I also planted zucchini, lemon balm, onions, all year lettuce and sweet basil. I already have sproutlings of lettuce, lemon balm and basil. Yesterday, Little A and I planted more tomatoes, brussel sprouts and potatoes. I can't wait for my garden to blossom and grow lots of vegies. Lately I have been thinking about self sufficiency and have been researching it. It is the way to go. I make my own jams and sauces - as you know from my previous blogs. Now I am going to start more preserves. Any ideas on what your favourite preserves and jams are?

I have also had to start using my washing line. Yes, I know people are like WTH you don't use your wahsing line. To clear up the air, when I was growing up we never had one due to dad cutting it down because he was always hitting his head on it. My dryer belt broke and so for now, it is line drying. I am quite enjoying it as I can get more stuff washed and dried than I could with the dryer. I just need my towels to be softer and I will be happy as larry. Any helpful tips would be fantastic! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...