Search This Blog

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Recipe disasters or not.....

I love to cook. This is a fact known in my family, they also know that I don't always follow recipes to the tee. If I have run out of an ingredient then I will subsitute something else that is similar. Sometimes this works out great, other times.... not so great. The other day I made a Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake and I ended up adding lemon curd and making up a base off the fly. It turned out brilliant! Everyone loved it. It has taken me years to get cakes right, as you need to be exact with them. Where once, my cakes looked and smelt nice but tastied funky - now they taste, look and smell fantastic. All trial and error. Once, when I had just started to bake I accidently put a plastic cake tin in the oven...... let me just say it took me HOURS to get the melted plastic off the shelf. What have some of your mistakes been and have any of them actually turned out to NOT be mistakes? Now it seems my daughter has inhertited my taste buds. Some of the baby food mixtures I make for her are crazy, but she loves them. Tell us some of your experiences in the kitchen and do your family appriecate the changes you make in your recipes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...