Search This Blog

Monday 15 October 2012

Safety for Kids

Lately I have been wondering what I need to do to make my house more safer for Little A. She is 7 months tomorrow and will be moving around on her own soon enough. I look around the house and all I can see are things that can hurt her if she fell. I not only have to worry about the stuff I have to pick up off the floor, but also the things can pull down on herself. Having a child can be so very stressful but so worth it. I will be moving a lot of things soon and buying some saftey gates for the house.I was thinking of safety gating the area where the tv is in the lounge so she can't pull it down.  Little A has been sitting up by herself and staying up. She wobbles but catches herself. Time is flying by so fast. I put a pillow behind her just in case she falls backward and I can't catch her fast enough. 
When we are in the kitchen, Little A is always strapped into her pram. I am always careful not to let her near my cups (which she has a fasination for).

What are some of the things you have done to make your home kid safe? Any suggestions you can give me? I feel we should be making a safer world for kids without surrounding them in cotten wool.



I am participating in the National Kidsafe Day Bloggers Competition to support and promote child safety, along with the added bonus of chances to win prizes. All opinions are my own and not those of Kidsafe. To find out more or to enter the competition, please visit www.kidsafeday.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...